06.27.06

Necessity is the mother of invention

Posted in Bangalore at 2:52 pm by Administrator

Necessity is the mother of invention 🙂

I found this saying to be true when I realised how delicious was the curry I made last day tasted [1], I discovered [2] that I am not that bad a cook after-all 🙂 Let me tell you about it.

It all started when I got sick last Friday, I was suffering from fever. I was so tired in the evening that I didn’t take dinner and slept. But I woke up at around 1 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep any more. After some time I just checked kitchen to see if anything was there. I was happy to see some rice and some onions. I thought I will make some Upma. I have been so lazy to cook [3] these days. There was no option left so I started cooking again.

This particular thought occurred to me on Monday when I made some onion curry and it tasted so good. I am bit disappointed since there was no one else to taste it. But Muthu tasted upma with me, Zahir was there to taste my peas curry on Sunday.
OK. Let me explain the recipe.

raw materials

* coriander power
* chilly powder
* mutton masala
* salt
* onion
* neem
* coconut oil
* mustard

Heat coconut oil in a china dish [4] and crackle mustard and put some curry leaves. Mix it with coriander powder, chilly powder and salt. Add some water and sliced onion with chilly. Add some mutton masala and keep it for some time.

Now have it with rice. Believe me it was so delicious !!

[1] But some say any thing tastes delicious when you are hungry, I would like to dismiss this view with contempt it deserves
[2] I am sure there will be some one who would want to argue that discovery is not an invention but again I have to look away from those
[3] we started cooking some months back and I have scribbled about it.
[4] someone correct me if cheenachatty is not china dish 🙂

7 Comments »

1. M S said,

June 29, 2006 at 6:07 am

its hard to believe…that its edible

2. Praveen A said,

June 29, 2006 at 7:51 am

MS, The trick is to assume you are a really bad cook and whatever you prepare will be very bad. Then you can think “I’m not that bad a cook” or “It is not as bad as I expected” after you taste it 🙂

3. Zahir said,

July 8, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Praveen!!! What should i say about your cooking? Epitome of Serendipity shall I put it? And I will never forget praveen even if become a big RJ.

4. Praveen A said,

July 9, 2006 at 11:47 am

Zahir, we have no choice but to suffer your GRE* english 🙁 I will have to carry a dictionary with me always 🙂

* conditions apply !!

5. Zahir said,

July 10, 2006 at 10:34 am

Praveen , maybe you should explain the conditions apply for those poor ignorant souls out there. And dont worry I don’t use gargantuan words in all situations so you can keep the lexicographers tool at bay. Keep Blogging buddy

6. Praveen A said,

July 10, 2006 at 3:05 pm

Zahir, As Thee Say,

It seems somebody took Zahir for a ride with some book with title GRE*, the normal way to fool people [ especially in ads in Radio City when people say you will get a elephant if you participate in this, conditions apply ] and obviously Zahir couldn’t get the message and he is still thinking it is a GRE book. That is the story of GRE*

Well, I feel sorry about you being cheated like this 🙂

7. Zahir said,

July 11, 2006 at 4:13 am

Thank you praveen for that description. What should I say but I admire your observation skills and sense of humour.Bravo monsieur praveen.